As we look ahead with great anticipation to welcoming clients into our residential program on August 1, 2020, be assured that the health and well-being of our clients, staff and visitors continues to be a primary focus for all of us.
In order to limit the risk of COVID-19 exposure within the facility, we have implemented Infection Control Best Practices as recommended by the Province of Ontario. Among the many procedures and practices that we have in place are:
• Comprehensive client health screening prior to admission.
• Continued monitoring of all clients for health and signs of COVID-19 symptoms during the residential treatment program.
• Mandatory adherence to quarantine regulations as required.
• Daily brief health screening of staff and any persons requiring access to the facility before proceeding on-site.
Anyone who refuses to follow the health screening protocol is not permitted to enter the facility.
• Maintaining physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) at all times in both our indoor and outdoor spaces, including the chapel.
• Provision of single use non-medical masks which are to be worn at all times when physical distancing is not feasible.
• Practicing personal hygiene measures in addition to stringent hand hygiene practices and respiratory etiquette.
• Enhanced sanitation and disinfection protocols on a regular basis throughout the facility.
• Scheduling sufficient intervals between individual client on-site appointments and group sessions for enhanced disinfection of the meeting spaces.
• Client laundry services are done on-site by designated staff.
• Maintaining physical distancing in all dining areas to reduce client and staff proximity during meal times.
• Plated food is served by a designated server with individual menu selection for all residents.
• Education on Infection Control Best Practice protocols is provided to all residents on an ongoing basis.
• All bedrooms are private with ensuite. Accessible bedrooms are available.
• Increased educational training on infection prevention and control for all staff.
• Continuing the temporary suspension of all meetings of external groups.
• Providing all candidate and clinical assessments through our secure on-line platform.
We will continue to monitor the directives and guidelines from the provincial government and public health authorities as these become available to ensure that we have the most current information to guide our procedures and practices.
If you have a question or are looking for further information, please call us at 905-727-4214.