Southdown is closely monitoring the news and information from government agencies regarding the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic. As the situation continues to rapidly evolve, we are taking informed actions and are following best practices to limit the spread of COVID-19. While our priority remains the health, safety and well-being of our residents and staff, we are also aware of our role in mitigating the impact of COVID-19. We have taken the following actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- The Annual Benefit Dinner 2020, scheduled for May 14, 2020 is cancelled
- The Monday night AA 12-Step Meeting is suspended until further notice
- The Thursday night SLAA 12-Step Meeting is suspended until further notice
Southdown remains open and operational to provide services with the following exceptions which are in place until further notice:
- Outpatient services are provided through teletherapy options
- The residential and assessment programs are suspended
- The number of staff on site has been reduced, with many staff working from home
- Our facilities are closed to visitors, unless essential to the operations
In keeping with our mission to provide preventative and restorative care to Clergy and Vowed Religious, our professional clinical staff are available to provide ongoing support to those at a distance. If you need us, we are here for you. Please call us at 905-727-4214.
We are expanding the frequency and types of our virtual clinical and spiritual support videos offered on-line through our website. Please visit our on-line Resource Centre for up to date information on our virtual offerings.
Southdown will continue to operate with the appropriate measures in place to protect the health of the community. As new guidelines and directives become available from government agencies and authorities, we will review and update our response, including our health and operational protocols.
We encourage you to take all necessary steps to keep yourself, and those around you, safe in preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you have any questions about the coronavirus, the following websites have current and important information:
Let us continue to support each other as we journey together through these challenging times.