• 14-week residential stay: goal oriented program allows for shorter stay with the same results as a standard six-month program
• Client-focused: customized flexible programming for each resident allows for accommodating various presenting issues and concerns of the referral source
• Research based clinical approach addressing the needs of today’s church ministers
• Assessment Plus: time-limited residential stay offers support to a former resident or to assess a developing complex psychological process. Particularly appropriate and effective for medication management and developing cognitive issues
• Continuing Care: support for residents continues for a minimum of 18 months to consolidate the skills obtained while in residency. This process includes regular contact through technology and Connections workshops at Southdown during the continuing care phase
• New facility: recently constructed accessible facility facilitates a community-centered treatment program, where residents are living and working through issues in a communal setting
• Spiritual integration: regular spiritual counseling assisting with the integration of the inner psychological work with interior life of prayer and contemplation
• Leadership collaboration: leadership inclusion throughout the assessment and the residential stay improves the potential for a successful treatment outcome. Clear and achievable goals are communicated early in the process with mid-treatment dialogue between resident, therapist, and leader
• Subsidy: assistance for those with limited resources is possible because of the generosity of our donors so that no one in need is denied services
• Canadian dollar exchange rate: decrease in the value of the Canadian dollar significantly reduces the residential cost for The United States and International users
Southdown has provided expert mental-health treatment to religious and clergy since 1966 with Gratitude, Compassion and Care.
For additional information or to discuss individual needs or concerns, please call us at:
905 727 4214 or email us.