The Southdown program is designed as a residential treatment experience typically extending for 14 weeks, and a follow-up or continuing care phase that extends for at least additional 18 months.
We believe that healing and coming to wholeness are lifetime processes and that the insight each resident comes to through the residential program needs support and encouragement. Therefore, we extend our help through Southdown’s Continuing Care program.
- During the last month, residents meet weekly, both as a group and individually, with a Continuing Care coordinator to prepare for the transition back to ministry and daily life.
- The Discharge Planning Conference, a meeting with the resident, the primary therapist and the leadership representative, is facilitated by a Continuing Care coordinator.
- In preparation for life after Southdown the resident designs a continuing care plan that includes selecting a support person who will continue journeying with them.
- During the minimum of 18 months following departure, Continuing Care coordinator maintains contact with the former resident and their leadership.
- During those 18 months, each individual is scheduled to return to Southdown for a minimum of two intensive workshops. The first three-day workshop is usually scheduled between three and six months after discharge, with a final workshop scheduled around 18 month mark.
- Workshops address areas of progress and challenge, and include leadership and former resident interview.
For additional information or to discuss individual needs or concerns, please call us at:
905 727 4214 or email us.