If you have concerns about yourself or someone else regarding social media addiction, I ask you to reflect on some of the following indicators of addiction. If you experience any of these signs, you may want to consider making a change.
• Preoccupied with Internet or specific Internet destination.
• Defensive about time spent online.
• Spends money on devices or online that should be used for bills or groceries.
• Heightened sense of euphoria while involved in computer and Internet activities.
• Failed attempts to control behaviour.
• Loses track of time while online.
• Sacrifices needed hours of sleep to spend time online.
• Becomes agitated when not online or online time is interrupted.
• Checks messages compulsively throughout day.
• Spends time online in place of responsivities.
• Prefers an online experience opposed to spending time with friends, community.
• Seems preoccupied with getting back online when away from computer.
• Loses interest in activities that were enjoyable before online access.
• Escapes into the Internet to avoid responsibilities, painful feelings or troubling situations.
Marked as spam